Looking for a residential electrician in Williamsport, or the surrounding areas, to help you get to the bottom of expensive energy bills this winter? Investigating the cause of higher energy expenses can often lead you to money-saving tricks. For example, if you notice that your heat is running constantly, you may want to consider sealing up drafty doors or windows. Costly electric bills don’t have to be a given. Read on for tips from our qualified residential electrician.
Winter Weather and Higher Energy Bills
While higher energy bills during the lows of winter are many times expected, it’s always important to keep an eye on your energy use and look deeper if you notice a spike in energy consumption. Between colder weather, people staying inside more often (which leads to increased energy usage), and less sunlight to heat the house, it’s normal for energy bills to rise, but have you looked into what you can do to help you save this winter?
Money-Saving Tips from Our Qualified Residential Electrician
There are certain things you can do to try and reduce your energy consumption.
- A smart thermostat can reduce your energy bill because it is programmable and can be adjusted from your mobile device. If you know you won’t be home at your usual hour, you can alert the smart thermostat to keep your home at a lower temperature.
- Window films will retain heat during winter and eliminate the cold air draft, resulting in decreased energy costs. These are easy to install and can be very beneficial.
- Consider switching to LED bulbs as they use less energy than incandescent bulbs and last much longer.
- Block drafty doors with updated weather-stripping. This can help prevent cold air from entering your home.
- Look into energy-efficient appliances. If you’ve been thinking of making the switch for a while now might be the time. Energy-efficient appliances can lower your energy bills dramatically.
Call a Residential Electrician in Williamsport to Get Started
A residential electrician can help you lower your electric bill by installing a smart-thermostat, full smart-home system, or energy-efficient appliances, and providing you with an energy audit so you can truly see where your energy is being used the most. If you are ready to lower your electric bill, get in touch with ALC Weaver Electric today for a free estimate.
ALC Weaver Electric
We are a professional, experienced electrical contractors certified and insured within the field. We offer residential and commercial electrical services in Hagerstown and the surrounding areas in MD, PA, and WV. With ALC Weaver Electric you get a quality job and 24-hour service.